The 2016 F1 cars are finally here, a total of of 22 cars will participate in this year’s Formula 1 Championship. Haas F1 is the newest team, and the first American team to participate in F1 in 30 years. 10 teams have already revealed their 2016 challengers with Sauber set to reveal its car later during testing, the Swiss team is currently in Barcelona for pre-season testing using a 2015 car.
2016 F1 Cars and Teams
- Mercedes-AMG F1 W07 Hybrid – Mercedes-AMG Petronas
- Ferrari SF16-H – Scuderia Ferrari
- Williams Mercedes FW38 – Williams Martini Racing
- Toro Ross SRT11 – Scuderia Toro Rosso
- Red Bull RB12 – Red Bull Racing
- Renault RS16 – Renault Sport F1 Team
- Manor MRT05 – Manor Racing Team
- McLaren MP4-31 – McLaren Honda F1 Team
- Haas VF-16 – Haas F1 Team
- Force India VJM09 – Sahara Force India F1 Team
- Sauber-Ferrari C35 – Sauber F1 Team
2016 Formula 1 Season in Brief
For 2016, Marussia will be known as Manor Racing Team, Lotus became Renault Sport F1 after it was purchased by the French team. Toro Rosso will use a Ferrari power unit after the contract with Renault ended, sister team Red Bull Racing will continue to use Renault engines albeit badged as TAG-Heuer.
Romain Grosjean left Lotus for Haas F1, ex teammate Pastor Maldonado will miss the 2016 season after his sponsor pulled out. Former Marussia drivers Will Stevens, Roberto Merhi, and Alexander Rossi were replaced by new faces comprising of 2015 DTM champion Pascal Wehrlein and Indonesian driver Rio Haryanto.
As for the calendar changes, the European Grand Prix is back for 2016 and will be held at the Baku City Circuit.
Below are the 2016 F1 Cars