Home Car News Sergion Marchionne Could Become New Ferrari CEO

Sergion Marchionne Could Become New Ferrari CEO

Sergio Marchionne could become new Ferrari CEO

After Amedeo Felisa retires as Ferrari chief executive in the coming months, it seems likely that Sergio Marchionne will fill his shoes and add Ferrari CEO to his long line of positions.

Marchionne is already the chairman of Ferrari having taken over from Luca di Montezemolo while also being the chief executive of Fiat Chrsler Automobiles. If these reports are true, he could be about to take on full responsibility of Ferrari as well ahead of its spin off later this year onto the stock exchange.

As part of the spin-off, 10 per cent of Ferrari will go public while the remaining 90 per cent will be distributed among investors and Piero Ferrari (10 per cent) in early 2016. Once this process is complete, Ferrari will be completely independent from Fiat Chrysler Automobiles.

Ferrari is being spun-off to help raise cash for Fiat Chrysler. Marchionne believes that Ferrari itself is worth over $11 billion.

Alongside his roles with Fiat and Ferrari, Marchionne is also the chairman of CNH Industrial NV, vice chairman of Exor SpA (the company that controls Fiat Chrysler), an independent director at Philip Morris International and chairman of Swiss product-testing company, SGS SA.

NO COMMENTS

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here