Swedish hypercar builder Koenigsegg has released the official information with respect to the 2013 Koenigsegg Agera R Second Generation, which will make its debut at the Geneva Auto Salon on Tuesday. The official release follows an earlier story we shared with you this morning.
The manufacturer included eight new upgrades with respect to the previous generation Agera R released at last year’s Swiss car show. They are mentioned below and include an improved carbon fiber wheel set, higher performance, engine upgrades, suspension upgrades and new aerodynamical body parts.
1. The 2013 Agera R features the worlds first hollow, one piece, super light carbon fiber wheel, using a proprietary method developed by Koenigsegg named Aircore Technology. The Aircore wheels save close to 20kg in unsprung mass, while providing great integrity and safety. The only metal part in the wheel is the tire valve the rest is all once piece hollow carbon.
2. The Agera and the Agera R have the first production engines in the world to use nano-surfaced cylinder sleeves, from ANS, for reduced friction and fuel consumption.
3. New in-house developed engine management system, which provides added functionality whilst still meeting all OBD II regulations.
4. The rev limiter has been raised from 7,250rpm to 7,500rpm, raising power from 940 to 960hp on 98 Ron (93 din) fuel for the Agera and from 1,115 to 1,140hp for the Agera R on E85.
5. Koenigsegg reinstates its co-operation with Swedish shock manufacturer Öhlins Racing. Together they productionalized Koenigsegg´s unique Triplex suspension, that becomes standard on the 2013 Agera R.
6. KES (Koenigsegg Electronic Stability) is now standard on all Koenigsegg models.
7. A new, lighter rear exhaust section has been developed for the Agera R, which also improves the performance of the rear diffuser.
8. New front/side winglets for the Agera R provide 20kg more downforce at 250km/h, as well as reduced drag.
I love Koenigseggs, absolutely great cars.
this is great news, and bad new to whom suspect this car stability, now there you got it, :)
Ohlins seems lately doing the best suspension deals with some of the greatest supercar manufactors(like Lambos Aventador)
Now it is in Matte Blue colour and that car is in FFF HK ; D.