The latest addition to the ever-increasing Mercedes-Benz AMG Sport range has just been revealed in the form of the 2016 Mercedes-Benz GLE450 AMG. The new model joins both the C450 AMG and GLE450 AMG Coupe in the line-up.

Unsurprisingly, the Mercedes-Benz GLE450 AMG features the same engine as the other two AMG Sport models. That powertrain is a twin-turbocharged 3.0-litre V6 engine pumping out 362 hp and 383 lb-ft of torque. Drive is then sent to all four wheels through the company’s 4Matic all-wheel drive system and via a nine-speed 9G Tronic automatic transmission. The all-wheel drive system has been configured so that 40 per cent of the power is sent through the front wheels while the remaining 60 per cent goes to the rear.

Mercedes-Benz GLE450 AMG rear

All told, the big GLE450 AMG will accelerate to 100 km/h in just 5.7 seconds and reach an electronically limited top speed of 250 km/h. The car returns 8.6-litres of petrol per 100 km and emits 199 g/km of CO2 emissions.

Other key elements of the car include an advanced acceleration skid control system and Curve Dynamic Assist. There are also five driving modes offered; Individual, Comfort, Slippery, Sport and Sport Plus with each customising the load development, switch points, steering, instrumentation, engine sound and throttle response.

Visually, the Mercedes-Benz GLE450 AMG has been adorned with 20-inch five-spoke alloy wheels and chrome tailpipes. The interior also features a new flat-bottomed steering wheel finished in nappa leather as well as brushed stainless steel sports pedals.

Previous articleTesla Launches Downloadable Autopilot Feature for Model S
Next articleBugatti Chiron to Survive Despite Volkswagen Cuts


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here