A high-powered Ford Mustang burst out into flames at the recent TX2K 2016 drag racing event in Texas. The driver was just about to make his pass when the heavily modded muscle car caught fire, fire extinguishers were quick to act but they started with a CO2 extinguisher instead of a dry-chem extinguisher. As a result, the fire took a little bit of time to die completely.

The fire appears to have been caused by a ruptured nitrous line where liquid oxygen began escaping through the hood and eventually engulfing the car in fire. Normally, nitrous is not flammable by itself, but a wet shot of nitrous will surely catch fire and this appears to have been the case here.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here