Last Thursday was the official start of the new season for Curbstone Track Events. The event included a presentation of the event calendar along with the introduction of the organization’s new track toy, a 991 Porsche GT3. The track event which we’ve visited a couple of times last year, will get a new look in 2014.
The location chosen to present the new season was no less than the Porsche center in the city of Sint Martens Latem. Especially for the event, there were three brand new 991 GT3’s in the showroom along with the new Turbo, a 993 RS, a 964 RS and a classic Carrera 2.7 RS.
This year Curbstone Track Events will organize it’s trackdays in four countries. As many as nine editions will be held on the circuit of Spa Francorchamps in Belgium. Four track days spread over two weekends will take place in the south of France at Paul Ricard – Le Castellet and last but not least, there will be two trackdays in Italy on the circuits of Imola and Mugello.
Biggest change for the new season is the partition of the cars during the track day. There will be distinguished as GT-Sport, a series where only the street-legal cars will drive and a series GT Race where only race cars will drive. This partition has several reasons according to the organizer for various reasons, including driving safety and maximum experience on the circuit between cars that have the same possibilities.
– 29/03 : Spa Francorchamps
– 12/04 : Spa Francorchamps
– 13/04 : Spa Francorchamps
– 24/04 : Spa Francorchamps
– 17/02 : Paul Ricard – Le Castelet
– 18/02 : Paul Ricard – Le Castelet
– 02/06 : Spa Francorchamps
– 30/06 : Spa Francorchamps
– 05/07 : Paul Ricard – Le Castelet
– 06/07 : Paul Ricard – Le Castelet
– 05/08 : Spa Francorchamps
– 09/09 : Imola
– 11/09 : Mugello
– 25/09 : Spa Francorchamps
– 20/10 : Spa Francorchamps