For drivers who bought a 2010 Jaguar XKR or XFR, dreams will become reality. The English car maker has unveiled the launch of its R Performance Academy, starting December 1st with a session at the Homestead Miami Speedway, USA. Unfortunately for our European readers, there is no news on a European package.
Participants will experience multiple types of driving. The academy will help drivers to fully explore the capabilities of the vehicles and train new skills and techniques, such as:
- Maximum acceleration using various Jaguar Drive Control settings
- Braking – and experiencing complete ABS stopping
- Emergency lane changes
- Dynamic Mode and DSC Off mode handling
- Autocross (slalom course)
- Full laps at speed with driving coach and hot laps with racing drivers
After the initial Homestead Miami Speedway session, the Jaguar R Performance Academy will host events at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway, Monticello Motor Club in Monticello, New York and the Auto Club Speedway in Fontana, California, among others, on a quarterly basis.
I saw the very same xkr on the picture (2500 GKY) in madrid today! It’s a small world! lol